Rose Ash is a small village situated within the parish of Rose Ash in the South Molton district in North Devon.
The village stands 6 miles East South East of the market town of South Molton and was formerly called Ralph-Esse. The parish contains the hamlets of Yard and part of Ash Mill.
Although Rose Ash is small, with no shop or public house, it has a vibrant community that revolves around the beautiful church of St Peter and the village hall. The village hall is very well equipped and is used widely by the community. It is available to hire for private functions.
The village is set amongst beautiful scenery with stunning views across much of the surrounding countryside.
ROSE ASH COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- Tue, 10 OctKnowstone10 Oct, 20:00 – 21:30Knowstone, Knowstone, South Molton EX36 4RY, UK
- Sun, 15 OctRose Ash Church15 Oct, 18:00 – 20:00Rose Ash Church, Rose Ash, South Molton EX36 4RB, UKFree event - October 15th, 6pm - A talk on the history of Rose Ash by Andrew Jones
- Sun, 22 OctRose Ash22 Oct, 18:00 – 19:30Rose Ash, Rose Ash, South Molton EX36 4RB, UKA wonderful selection of British music from the Late Romantic period (1870 to the 1920s), by Elgar, Holst, Butterworth, Grainger, Stanford, etc. played on superb vintage stereo equipment
- Fri, 27 OctRose Ash27 Oct, 19:00 – 21:30Rose Ash, Rose Ash, South Molton EX36 4RB, UKHarold is an ordinary man who has passed through life, living on the side lines, until he goes to post a letter one day...and just keeps walking.
- Wed, 15 NovRose Ash15 Nov, 20:00 – 21:30Rose Ash, Rose Ash, South Molton EX36 4RB, UK
- Fri, 24 NovRose Ash24 Nov, 19:00 – 21:30Rose Ash, Rose Ash, South Molton EX36 4RB, UKIn London, an award-winning film-maker documents her best friend's journey into an assisted marriage in line with his family's Pakistani heritage. In the process, she challenges her own attitude towards relationships.
It is not necessary to RSVP to upcoming events, but it is always appreciated if you do!
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Nearest Shop & Post Office is in Bishops Nympton - ‘Community Shop & Post Office’
Tel: 01769 550226, approx 3 miles from Rose Ash
The local Library is situated at:
The Amory Centre, 125 East Street, South Molton
Tel: 01769 572501
Household Refuse & Recycling
Refuse collection is FRIDAY - alternate weeks, Black Bin (General Rubbish) one week, Green bin (Garden Waste) the next
Recycle collection each WEDNESDAY
The Recycling centre is at:
Maclins Quarry, South Molton
Tel: 01769 573081